Samford Valley Target Archers runs a variety of beginner courses and Come N Try sessions throughout the year to start you on your archery journey or simply tick that box on your bucket list. They’re very popular with families, friends and work mates and make a great gift. Bookings are essential, see below for upcoming dates, further details and online booking links.
Have any questions about our courses? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Samford Valley Target Archers holds courses for participants aged 10 and over. Cost for the course is $99 per participant and online bookings are essential. The courses are usually held on the first Saturday morning of each month, from 07.45 to 11.30, all equipment inclusive. The course is held in the onsite indoor facility during inclement weather. Course fees are not refundable if you change your mind or are unable to attend on your booked date.
- Equipment & safety briefing
- Shooting demonstration
- Shoot your first arrows
- Bow type demonstration
- Shooting & scoring
An induction session is held 8:00am-11:30am on the following Saturday morning for course attendees who would like to join the club. Membership is via an online system and should be completed prior to attending the induction session. The membership information form is available at the course. Please see our Membership and fees page for further details.
- Finish membership paperwork
- Club walkaround and familiarisation
- Further training
- Fletching your new arrows
Archery Course bookings
Participants – you will be required to fill in this Participant form per person before starting the course. Either bring a prefilled form with you to your course or fill in a supplied form when you arrive.
- One non-participating parent may attend with their child. No other visitors.
- Do not visit the club if you are unwell.
- We recommend that you do not come to the club if you are a person at higher risk.
- Always use 1.5m minimum physical distancing.
- Familiarise yourself with the sanitising stations and procedures eg. for the toilets and equipment.
- Outdoor – maximum two archers per target.
- Indoor – one vacant lane between each archer.
- Handles of target butts etc are to be sanitised before and after use.
- No sharing of personal equipment.
- Bows, finger tabs, arm guards, finger slings etc are to be sanitised before and after use.
- Archers must pull their own arrows. Should there be a miss, other archers can briefly help look but must not touch/collect the found arrows.
- The kitchen and lunch tables are not available.
Archery With Disabilities
The club supports archers with all abilities, including members competing at national and international para archery events and the Invictus Games. Club facilities include indoor shooting facilities, paved disabled parking bays, an accessible toilet, and cement paths between buildings. The grassed outdoor fields are also used by para archers. Experienced instructors and coaches can take you from novice through to international competitor and our members provide a friendly, supportive environment. You will need to arrange your own carer if required. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Come N Try Sessions
Special sessions such as the Adventure Women courses supported by Moreton Bay Regional Council are held a few times a year. Links to the online entry form will appear here when the bookings open.
The introductory session is available for women 18 and older from the Moreton region and is run on the Sunday morning from 9.30 to 11.30 at Samford Valley Target Archers, however please turn up at 09.15 for registration and equipment allocation. Assume a departure around 11.45.
Should you wish to discuss any aspect of the session please email email@example.com.
The club is very welcoming of people who use wheelchairs or have a disability, however please contact us before booking in as we may wish to arrange a special session with coaches with relevant experience.
Cost is only $15, not the regular $99. Please be aware that there is a no refund policy for cancellation or no shows.
Participants must wear fully enclosed shoes, tie long hair back and remove ear/nose/lip rings etc.